Author Interview: Gina Rosati

Today is the release of Gina Rosati's debut novel Auracle! Enjoy an interview with the author and don't forget to check out her book!



Can you tell us a little about yourself and how you got into writing?


I live in New Hampshire with my husband, two teenagers and two chubby guinea pigs. Before I had children, I was a secretary. One day when I was typing yet another contract, I decided I'd rather be writing stories instead. I enrolled in a creative writing course at Northeastern University, but while I was trying to figure out the mechanics of writing an entire novel, I had my first child, and then things got really busy and writing wasn't the priority. It wasn't until my mom was in the last stages of Alzheimer's when I realized that life is short and if I wanted to write that novel, I'd better get going.

Can you tell us a little about your debut novel, Auracle?

Auracle is the story of 16 year old Anna, who figured out during a serious allergic reaction that she can astrally project at will. She has a lot of fun with this talent until she witnesses the accidental death of her classmate, Taylor, and returns home to find Taylor has taken over her body. Now Anna has to figure out how to get Taylor out of her body before Taylor sends an innocent guy to jail for murder.

Where did you get the idea for Auracle?

When I was in college, I started getting these very scary nightmares that were always accompanied by an overwhelmingly loud buzz in my head. I did some research and figured out they were a stress-induced combination of lucid dreams/sleep paralysis. Years later, I was reading a book by psychic Sylvia Browne, and she described my dreams right down to the buzz - she said these were caused by waking up in the middle of an out-of-body experience. I can't astrally project - I tried while I was researching Auracle, but the writer in me wondered "what if".

Your novel is a YA paranormal romance. Is this the genre you prefer to read. If so who are some of your fave authors in that genre/ favourite books?

I love paranormal romance. And fantasy romance, historical romance and contemporary romance. I also prefer the YA genre. I have so many favorite authors, but some of my favorite YA paranormal romance authors are Carrie Jones, Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, and Maggie Stiefvater.

How are you feeling about the release of your debut novel? Excited and nervous I would think :)

Yes! Excited, nervous, busy! I'm kind of shy, so the entire process of promoting a book is rather terrifying to me. I'm immensely grateful to all of the wonderful readers who have taken the time to review Auracle.

In Auracle Anna can astral project. If you could would you like to do it and where would you go and explore?

I'd love to be able to astrally project. I read a lot of books on the subject and tried, but I remain stubbornly body-bound. Researching places for Anna to visit astrally was an absolute blast! I'm not a fan of heights so I don't enjoy traveling on planes, but if I could astrally project, I'd explore everywhere on this planet, including underwater, and then I'd bounce around the universe and look for life on other planets.

Why should we read Auracle in one sentence?

You should read Auracle on a day when you're looking for some hope and positivity in your life.

To buy Auracle on:
To stalk me on the internet:

2 comments

  1. Love the cover, and your book sounds interesting! Adding it to my goodreads shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete