YA Feature: Dorothy Dreyer


 
This week's YA author is Dorothy Dreyer who releases her debut YA novel, My Sisters Reaper, May 29th 2013. Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of My Sisters Reaper!
 
 
The Author: Dorothy Dreyer

My name is Dorothy Dreyer.

I'm a Philippine-born American living in Germany with my husband and two teens.

I write young adult books that usually have some element of magic or the supernatural in them. I also like to read those kinds of books. Aside from reading, I like movies, chocolate, take-out, traveling, and having fun with my friends and family.

I tend to sing sometimes, too, so keep me away from your Karaoke bars.

Writing: How you got into writing?

I've been writing ever since I can remember ... you know, back in the days before everyone had computers. I used to long-hand it all. But I got into it seriously about 5 years ago when I decided I needed to fulfill one of my life-long dreams.

The Book- My Sisters Reaper- Releases in May 29th 2013



My Sister's Reaper

It started with a thought about a girl who didn't know why she could do magical things. Then I thought about what it would be like if that girl did something to upset a supernatural bad guy. It pretty much took off from there.

Blurb:


Sixteen-year-old Zadie’s first mistake was telling the boy she liked she could bring her dead sister back to life. Her second mistake was actually doing it.

When Zadie accidentally messes with the Reaper’s Rite that should have claimed her sister Mara, things go horribly wrong. Mara isn’t the same anymore—Zadie isn’t even sure she’s completely human. To top it off, a Reaper is determined to collect Mara's soul. Now Zadie must figure out how to defeat her sister’s Reaper or let Mara die … this time for good.





How does it feel to be releasing your debut novel in May?

It's so exciting! This is a dream come true. But I'm also nervous.


Can you describe you main protagonist Zadie in less than 140 Characters?


Zadie is a sixteen-year-old girl who can make things happen. She loves her sister—so much, she's willing to bring her back from the dead.

Why should we pick up My Sisters Reaper when it releases?

I don't think there are too many reaper stories out there. My book is full of magic, horror, action, and romance. And two hot guys! I mean, come on!

Some Bookie Questions

Favourite YA book and why

At the moment, it's Divergent by Veronica Roth. This is a smart book with a very complicated plot. I love that. I love the complex world she's built and the conflict she's created.

Favourite YA author and why?

Veronica Roth at the moment. Just by reading her books you can tell she knows a heck of a lot about how to write an un-put-downable book.

Debut author/ upcoming author we should check out?

I'm really looking forward to reading PRETTY DARK NOTHING by my pub sister Heather L. Reid. It sounds spooky and wonderful. It comes out in April from Month9Books!

Favourite 2012 read and why?

Again, Divergent. See my first answer. ;)

A Book series you love and why?

I think my number one series will always be Harry Potter. I don't think another series will ever grab me and pull me into its world and leave such a deep impact on me like this one did.


My Sisters Reaper is available to pre-order on

Barnes & Noble & will be available to pre-order on Amazon soon!

Stalk the author:
Website


Facebook


Twitter

11 comments

  1. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Dorothy! I can't wait for this one to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read Dorothy's book! I know it's going to be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reaper stories. I just started a reaper series too. Can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read it! Those are my favorite kind of stories too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I love your cover! I can't wait to find out how Zadie handles the Reaper, and her sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! I'm excited to share Zadie's story with the world. *squee*

      Delete