Review: Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse #13)

Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)Book: Dead Ever After
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #13
Author: Charlaine Harris
Pages: 338
5*

Bought

 
*Warning Spoilers*

Charlaine Harris always knew the way she would finish the Sookie Stackhouse series from day one. Not everyone was going to be happy with the ending. Everyone has their own vision of the way the book should have ended. I for one was always rooting for Eric and Sookie to live Dead Ever After together but we can't always get the ending we want. The conclusion of the Sookie Stackhouse series has had many negative reviews because of the way it has ended but I think it has ended perfectly!

Everyone who knows me, knows I love the Sookie Stackhouse series and have been championing Sookie and Eric from the start. The conclusion I wanted hasn't happened and I was a little upset when I saw spoilers (by accident) of the conclusion of Dead Ever After but after reading the book I feel differently. It would have been great if Sookie and Eric ended up Dead Ever After but when you think of it, it was never going to work. Sookie was never going to become a vampire and if she did it would have contradicted her whole character.

In Dead Ever After there is alot of wrapping up to do. Lots of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I have to say the fate of all the characters felt right. Now I don't know is Ms Harris would ever consider doing a spin off series with some of the characters but I think it would be great to continue Amelia and Bob's story with their little one on the way! :)

Overall I loved Dead Ever After and the Sookie Stackhouse series as a whole. The last sentence was perfect and made me smile with happiness "I am Sookie Stackhouse, I belong here."

1 comment

  1. Okay, so against my better judgement, I read the spoilers. I knew about Eric and Sookie, and came to terms with it (somewhat...). Anyway, I can't wait to read and see what happens to the characters!

    ReplyDelete