Summer Reading Recommendations from YA Contemporary to some sexy adult romances!


We are in full summer swing, where trips to the beach and wine by the pool are on the horizon. What better way to relax by the pool or on the beach than with a good book. Today I have some summer reading recommendations that you maybe haven't heard of before. Enjoy!

First some fun adult contemporary romances!


Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham is a fun rom com that I adored back when I read it a few years ago. It's written entirely in emails and is about Holly as she starts her job as a receptionist at a city investment bank. With know experience and not a clue what she's doing, adding in some crazy friends and family and Holly's Inbox makes for a fun, quick summer read. (Goodreads )

Click the first book in the Click Trilogy by Lisa Becker is another fun adult rom com that I read back in the summer of 2011 and it was such a fun book to read, I laughed, I cringed and I cheered along with Renee and her friends. Again this book is told in emails between our main protagonist Renee and her best friends and her online suitors. Did I mention it's about online dating? This is so relevant to today and makes for a fun laugh out loud summer read. The whole trilogy is available for you to binge one after the other which I highly recommend. (Goodreads / my review of Click )

How about some fun YA contemporary romances


The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight was my first Jennifer E Smith book and I really enjoyed it when I read it back in 2012. Hadley is flying to London for her dads wedding. Oliver is flying home to London. If Hadley had made her first flight she would never have met Oliver and the events that occurred due to them meeting would never have happened. Imagine being four minutes late for your flight. Those four minutes changed everything for Hadley. The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight is about forgiveness, regret, growing up, understanding people and falling in love. A perfect summer read. (Goodreads / my review )

Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard is a cute summer read. Mackenzie our leading lady fell in love with Landon, a cute cowboy at Serenity Ranch & Spa. Landon broke Mackenzie's heart after a whirlwind summer romance and Mackenzie spent a year in his present at school heartbroken. Flash forward to the present and Mackenzie and Landon are back at Serenity Ranch & Spa and she can know longer ignore Landon. After a nasty fall on the ranch, Landon doesn't remember breaking up with Mackenzie que hilarious "revenge" on Landon. The pranks played in this book are so funny and reminded me of The Parent Trap (1999). A fun laugh out loud read. Goodreads / my review )

How about some younger YA, good for both your teens 12-14 years and yourself


Me Suzy P by Karen Saunders is a fun entertaining read. Its fresh and engaging and the protagonist Suzy Puttock is a typical 14 year old who is a total disaster magnet and the predicaments Suzy finds herself in will have you laughing out loud. A quick, fun read exploring first love, friendship and the awkwardness of being a teenager. (Goodreads / My review )

The IT Girl is a hilarious first book in the IT Girl series by Katy Birchall. It's a fun, cute and just made me smile throughout. Anna our quirky protagonist is such fun to read about. Anna is trying to adapt to living in London since her dad became famous with his book, he's engaged to a famous actress and Anna has found herself the new IT Girl of London. You will fall in love with Anna and all her friends and of course there is a cute, quirky guy. (Goodreads / my review )

To Finish the list why not some sexy adult romances


First up one of my favorite reads of the year, Royal Affair, the first book in the Royal Scandal Trilogy (bonus the whole trilogy is available to read now). Royal Affair is a great romance, that has depth, some hot sex, love and the joy of discovering each other with a nice plot underneath. (Goodreads / my review )

Finally any Jodi Ellen Malpas book. Jodi writes sexy alpha males, sexy sex scenes and plots that will keep you on your toes your head will be spinning. We have the This Man Trilogy, One Night Trilogy, The Protector and upcoming summer release The Protector.

*If you are in the UK you can win 1 of 10 copies of The Forbidden here . If your in the US/Canada you can win 1 of 5 advanced readers copies of The Forbidden here *

What are some your summer recommendations? 

2 comments

  1. The sexy adult romances are definitely right up my alley. I would highly recommend The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare though it doesn't release until August 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will have to check it out I have heard great things about Tessa Dare :)

      Delete