YA Feature: Holly Zitting


The Author:


I am a stay at home mother of 6 beautiful children. I have spent my free time writing since I was young. Currently I am a foster mother too. I only went to one semester of college than chose to concentrate on raising my family.
 
 
Writing
 
 
When I was young I used to write poetry and song lyrics. I always had a dream that someday I would write a novel.  After spending many sleepless nights up with my children I decided that I was tired of watching infomercials and started writing. My oldest found it the next day and loved it. She encouraged me to write more. Every night I would write a little more and every morning she would beg for more. Before I knew it I had a novel.
 

The Books
THE AMULET by Holly Zitting - Click Image to Close
Right now I have two series in the works. The first is The Amulet Prophecy.
 
The first book of the series came out Dec 1st 2012. I was living in the red rock mountains of Southern Utah when I wrote it. Driving to and from my daily runs I could picture a girl hiking and wanting her solitude up on the majestic red hill. It just snowballed from there. The second book Talisman will be out July 2013 and Infinity the final book will be out in October 2013.
 
The new series I am working on is called The Paradan Tales. The Wishing Well is the first book. I am hoping to release it in January of 2013. I was driving with my children when my teen daughter and her best friend were singing “Call me Maybe,” just hearing them it struck me. Now three books are coming to life.
 
 
 
Bookies Questions
 
 
Fave genre and why?
 
 
 I love YA. I think we all need to fall in love on a daily basis. In most of YA novels the characters are experiencing their first love. Your first love stays with you and defines who you become. It’s nice to be reminded how those butterflies feel.  
 
 
Fave book series and why?
 
 
The Crystor Series by C.K. Bryant. Loved it! Also The Sweet Venom series by Tera Lynn Childs.


Fave author and why?
 
An author you recommend- I love Rick Riordan, Tera Lynn Childs, and C.K. Bryant. I love a story that grabs you and has you wanting to know the rest of the story.
 
 
Stalk the author:
 
 
Buy the book:
 

1 comment

  1. I've read the Amulet and loved it!!! It makes you wanting more. Very well written. This Author is going to be around for a long time. Don't miss out on this great read.

    ReplyDelete