YA Feature: L.B. Shire

 
 The Author: L.B. Shire

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I recently found old notebooks with stories I had penned as a child hidden away in a storage bin in our barn. Those were quite interesting to look through. They consisted of adventurous women, horses and in most of the stories handsome cowboys :) Not a whole lot has changed over the years!

When not writing, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, camping and summer BBQ's. I love to ride my horses in the mountains around my home, and when not doing any of those activities, I read and write!


Writing: 

Two years ago I made the decision that I wanted to try and become published. I read everything I could get my hands on of the craft of writing, read other's blogs, and researched as much as I could. My first YA short story was published in August of 2012 and is titled: The Dark Blood Brotherhood Book One: First Bite. Book two is titled: The Choice and was released November 14th. The third installment should be released next year sometime.



The books: The Dark Blood Brotherhood series!

Inspiration behind the story- This story came about after several weeks of coyotes howling every night on my back property. Each night I would wake to those lonesome calls into the clear night sky with my muse screaming to be let loose. Before I knew it, The Dark Blood Brotherhood was born.
 


Here's the Blurb:  

Madaline 'Maddie' Reed spends her restless and lonely nights exploring the eerie forest that borders her relatives manor. It is here in the unnerving shadows and darkness of these woods the fight for her life begins, and one kiss will change her fate forever.

Ashtine is an orphan taken in by the Dark Blood Brotherhood and trained to be a bounty hunter; he tracks and kills rogue wolves that hunt unsuspecting mortals who dare wander into the forests. This is where he finds Maddie. With one bite, he changes the course of his destiny. With one kiss, the course of his life.

Any book news?

Book Two in The Dark Blood Brotherhood, The Choice has been released and available on Amazon, both my books First Bite and The Choice are only 0.99 cents!

Bookie Questions:


Favourite book genre and why?

My favorite book genre is Western Romance and YA. My current work in progress is a YA Western Romance!

Favourite author and why?

My favorite YA author currently is Maggie Stiefvater. I love her characters and plotlines. They're fast paced and interesting! For my birthday I purchased The Girl Who Remembered Horses, by Linda Benson. Can't wait to start it!

My Favourite YA book currently is The Scorpio Races. Loved it! Dystopian setting with adventure, horses, and a dash of romance. I definitely recommend reading her books.

Buy the books:

The Dark Blood Brotherhood: Book 1
The Dark Blood Brotherhood: Book 2

Stalk the author;


 

 


 
 
 

2 comments

  1. Thanks for having me here today Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoàng Quân đem đến cho quý khách các dịch vụ thue xe tốt nhất http://thuexe16chorenhat.com, http://thuexedulich29cho.com/ uy tín nhat Ha Noi.

    ReplyDelete