Author Interview: Jenna Kay





A little about Jenna:


I began my writing journey three years ago. One morning I woke up and knew I needed to write. I was 28 years old, wife and mother of three. I felt like something was missing in my life, like there was something else I needed to do. So I prayed for a year straight in search of answers. In between all this my father passed away. We'd been very close and it hit me (and my family) hard. I like to think my dad helped push me in the right direction

Your novel Clarity is being re-published as a second edition with a new title names Mark of the Seer along with a new cover by publishing company, Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing in March. Are you excited to be releasing Mark of the Seer again?
Yes, I'm very excited that Clarity is getting a "makeover", and I'm also excited that the Seer Society has found a home. Very, very excited to see what the future holds for Clarity and her human friends (and her angel friends!).

For all those that don't know what Mark of the Seer is about. Can you tell us a little about it?
Clarity Miller is a seventeen year old girl just beginning her senior year. She lives in a small south Georgia town and can't wait to graduate so she can get as far away from home as possible. Her life is predictable and boring, until the day Sam walks into the grocery store she cashiers at. That's when her life goes all topsy-turvy.

In your novel, Clarity is given the gifts of a Seer, what do these entail?

Clarity meets Sam and learns that he's her guardian angel, which she doesn't believe at first. After she's attacked by demons, saved by Sam, that's when she learns she's been given the gifts of the Seer and can also see into the spiritual realm. The Seer Marks that only she can see on her palms are a source of power, filled with the light of God. Sam tells her that when her Seer abilities grow, she'll be able to fight in the invisible war alongside angels where she'll be able to send demons back to hell.

Can you describe each character in 5 words:

Clarity: Easy-going, practical, funny, smart, and pretty.
Sam: Patient, loving, secure, loyal, and gorgeous.

 Why should we read Mark of the Seer?

Though it's written for teens and young adults, anyone of any age can get something out of it. "Mark of the Seer" goes into real-life situations we humans go through, and my goal is to make people think about the "what-ifs" in the world, such as: What if there's people who can actually see angels and demons, and are able to fight in the spiritual warfare that plagues the human race?

Is there any books you are looking forward that are being released this year?

I haven't be able to keep up with what's coming out because I'm working on three projects at the moment, but I'm looking forward to reading all my fellow authors work at CH&BB Publishing.

Stalk Jenna:


Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing


http://www.crushingheartsandblackbutterfly.com/
              

No comments