Author Interview: Madison Daniel

Today on Reading Away The Days we have author of Ember, Madison Daniel. Madison releases a second edition of Ember on March 16th 2012 though Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing.


A little about Madison:


I’m a child of the 80’s & 90’s...movies, music, comic books...a connoisseur of eye candy and the sounds that surround them. That crazy passion is the inspiration to my writing. I’ve always written in some form. Home made comic books when I was a kid, short stories and screenplays when I was a teenager and now the Ember series.

Your novel (2nd edition) Ember is due for release on March 16th 2012 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing. Can you tell us a little about Ember?

Ember is the story of Max Valentine. A troubled teenager with the power of an inferno at his fingertips. He finds himself on the island of Maui, surrounded by exotic beaches, haunting music and new temptations. Those temptations are two island girls, Asia and Samantha. They will help him heal his past mistakes, discover true love and may have a secret or two of their own.

Where did you get the idea for Ember?

From a song. Oasis’ “Stop Crying Your Heart Out” inspired the opening prologue. The story and characters grew from there. Music and the Ember series go hand in hand. Each chapter has a song that accompanies the words. It sets the tone and adds a ambience to the book. A literary soundtrack.


The cover of Ember is so beautiful. Who designed it and did you have much say in the designing process?


Paragraphic Design’s gets all the credit. They took my idea and brought it to life. I couldn’t be happier with the final product. Simply beautiful.

Your novel Ember is spoken though the voice of Max your main character. And with every book I read I like to be able to relate to the main character. As a woman I find it hard to relate to male protagonist's in books. Do you think both girls and boys will be able to relate to the situations Max faces in your novel Ember?

Yes. Definitely yes. Max is as true as any person, male or female. His wants and needs are the same as any teenager. Acceptance, love, fear and the hope for a brighter tomorrow. The male perspective in Ember will surprise many people (in a good way)! I’ve already heard a few times, “I can’t believe Ember was written by a guy!” Ha...gives me goosebumps every time I think about that. Makes me feel like I have done my job right!

In 2012 what do you wish to accomplish with your writing?

The obvious things of course...movie deals, television rights, clothing lines...interview with Oprah! Just kidding! I just want my words to be seen in the right light. Dreams put to paper. An escape from everyday life. I’m not looking to change the world with my writing...I’m just trying to make it a more enchanting place. In 2012, I hope many of you will take the journey that is Ember.



9 comments

  1. Kool interview my brother!Can't wait to read your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome interview with Madison Daniel.Looking forward to reading Ember.Love the cover of the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous interview! Everything looks so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the interview!!! And the cover of Ember is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for Ember is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete