And Then He Kissed Me by Various Authors Review

Book: And then he kissed me 

Author: Various Authors

Pages: 304

Copy borrowed from Library

Amazon * Book Depository * Goodreads

Rating: ✪✪✪ .5

(Overall rating was obtained after I gave each short story a rating out of 5)

Blurb:

Ever fallen in love? Ever fallen out of love? Ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have…? Nine authors write about first kisses, love, heartbreak and everything in between in this short story anthology.

My Review:

And Then He Kissed me is an anthology on love and heartache from some great voices in YA. Here is my thoughts on each short story:

* Star-crossed by Katie Dale

A great story to start the anthology. I loved it! It was such a beautiful short story of starcrossed lovers. A lesson was learned in this short- Live today as if it is your last, take risks! ✪✪✪✪✪ 

*Supercool by Cathy Kelly

A cute, sweet read. A lesson learned in this short- Stand up for what you believe in, be yourself! ✪✪✪ 

* Extracurriculars by Abby McDonald

I liked this story. I loved Charlie and would love to hear more from him and Vita. If feels like this story could continue. ✪✪✪ .5

*My embarrassing mother by Monica McInerney 

I liked this story. It was slightly more serious than the first three shorts. A lesson learned in this short- The consequences of parents actions on their children! ✪✪ .5

*Lost in Translation by Sinead Moriarty

I liked Lost in Translation. I could kind of see where it was going. Like Extracurriculars it feels like this story could continue. ✪✪✪ 

* The Movie Kiss by Jonna Nadin

I didn't really like this story. I didn't get all the movie references, you would have to be a movie buff to get them. I also didn't like the authors style of writing. ✪ .5

*All of a sudden by Adele Parks

I loved this story, it was a cute read. I couldn't see where Adele Parks was going with the story which was great! ✪✪✪✪✪ 

*Dog Days by Madhvi Ronani

I loved this story and the characters. It was one more of the more serious shorts. ✪✪✪✪✪ 

* Just a friend by Dylan Sheldon

I liked this story. Talk about a cliff hanger! I need to know what happened next. More please! ✪✪✪✪

* My first Kiss by Sarah Webb

I loved this story, it was so sweet. Out of all the authors this is the only authors work I have read.✪✪✪✪✪ 

Overall I really enjoyed this anthology and settled on a 3.5* rating. I can't wait to read more from these authors and to check out more anthologies!


No comments