20 Questions Book Tag Part one



I saw the 20 question book tag over @ A GREAT Read Book Blog and it looked like fun. As there is 20 Questions am dividing this tag in to two posts as I tend to go on a bit :) So here is the first ten questions of the the 20 Question book tag!


How Many Books Is Too Many Books In A Series?



I love a good long series and some of my favourites books are in super long series.I have read some series where I wanted more and some where one book has been a book too far. I think it really depends on how the author is writing it. Harry Potter at seven books doesn't feel like too much, it feels like enough for the story. The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris is 13 books long and I loved all 13 books. Whereas The Morganville Vampire Series by Rachel Caine lost me at book 8. I admire an author who can write a complex series of so many books and not make me bored or think why are we still in this world.


How Do You Feel About Cliffhanger's?

I hate them but I also love them. I'm conflicted... I tend to read a series of books when there all published and back to back so I literally finish one book and pick up the next one. And I have found that now a days with the books I read theres only a few months between releases of books in the series so it's not a big long wait. Recently I read a couple of Meghan March's trilogies and had to wait for one book in the series and it was only a few weeks but it was a struggle because of the cliffhanger. On the other hand if there's a cliffhanger at the end of a standalone and its open to your interpretation to decide what happened, I am so annoyed. I dont want to invision what could have been am a lazy reader just tell me. LOL



Hardcover or Paperback?



I prefer paperback its the majority of what I own and for some reason in the UK I dont see alot of books releasing in hardback first its usually tall big paperbacks if anything. I like a hardcover if it's one of my fave books or series as I will then collect multiple editions in both formats. I'm weird like that.
Favourite Book?


I am one of those people that can tell you my favourite book. And am cheating be cause it's a trilogy but its the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. I go on about this series so much and post alot of photos on my Instagram of it. I just love it so much. 

Least Favourite book?


I don't think I have a least favourite book. Of course not every book is going to be for me. But a book that recently disappointed me was Running Mate by Katie Ashley. I feel that it really needed edited so bad, and because of this I ended up flicking the book in the end.


Love Triangle. YES OR NO?

I used to not mind them but now am more toward I dont like them. I read alot of adult contemporary romance and I would rather the conflict in the relationship come from mis communication, some major twist rather than another person.



The Most Recent Book You Couldn't Finish.

On my currently reading list on Goodreads I have a couple of books sitting there that I haven't touched since May and early June. They are Beneath The Lies by Meghan March and Mafia Princess by Bella J. I dont think am going finish Mafia Princess but I think I will go back to the Meghan March book.


A Book Your Currently Reading?

I am currently reading Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis book two of the Wildstone series. I am enjoying it but not as much as the first book and the novella in the series. 



The Last Book You Recommend To Someone?


A repeat answer but I always am and will continue to recommend the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness. It's my book baby. I love the complex storyline, the settings, the characters and the writing. It's just a perfect book!


Oldest Book You've Read?




I think it's probably To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I don't read a lot of classics but this is one of my favourites.

That is the first 10 questions! What is the oldest book you have read? Leave me your comments below!


4 comments

  1. This is probably a hard question but which book in the All Souls trilogy is your favorite? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I do love them all but like maybe 1 per more love Shadow Of Night book two!

      Delete
  2. I used to be offended by cliffhangers LOL. But lately I don't mind them as long as the series has been out for a long time, like you said. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol agreed as long as the series is all out am grand with it.

      Delete