Let's see what awaits us in Ohio with author T. Michelle Nelson
Places to visit in Ohio
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – Cleveland, Ohio
Hocking Hills State Park
Cedar Point Amusement Park
Mansfield Reformatory- Old prison where Shawshank Redemption was filmed and has a great Haunted House at Halloween
Places to eat in Ohio
Lolita – Cleveland, Ohio
Columbus Fish Market – Columbus, Ohio
The Alcove – Mount Vernon, Ohio
Quirky things about Ohio
- Cincinnati Reds were the first pro baseball team – GO REDS!
- Akron was the first city to use police cars
- Clark Gable was born in Ohio – you’re welcome, rest of the world!
- 50% of the United States population lives within a 500 mile radius of Columbus.
- Ohio is an Iroquois word meaning “great water.”
- Ohio native, W.F. Semple patented chewing gum in 1869, and my best friend lives in his house!
Famous people from Ohio
Sarah Jessica Parker
Authors or books set in Ohio
The Lily Drake books are set in my hometown of Mount Vernon, Ohio, Some other Ohio novels include: Kim Harrison’s Rachel Morgan series of books, Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson and The Broom of the System by David Foster Wallace.
Follow all the ready trip posts here