Interview- author Jayne Frost



Blurb:

As the guitarist for the rock band Caged, I know the rules: no relationships. No complications. Leave ‘em smiling when you go, but always go. Besides, it’s not like I’m ever in one place for more than a few days at a time. As the next hottest thing out of Austin, the band and I are riding the wave, and the music is all that matters. 

Until her… 

Lily Tennison has “complication” written across her beautiful face. But I can’t get involved. The timing’s all wrong. But she’s under my skin, and I can’t resist her troubled eyes and sweet smile. And I do have a little time to kill. Not much, just a few days in Dallas. 

So I’ll scratch the itch and move on, like I always do. 

Simple, right?

You can read Gone for You at:

Length: 160 pages
Genre: Sexy romance, erotic romance
Heat rating: Get out your summer wardrobe—things are about to get hot!


Tell me a little about yourself and your writing career so far.

Well, I’ve always written. I know most authors say that. In my bio it says that I wrote my first book at ten, and it’s true. But I didn’t choose writing as a vocation when I began my career. I was in finance. I didn’t like it, but I was good at it. A few years ago I began a short story for my husband that turned into a 240,000-word trilogy. And that is when I decided to pursue writing as a career. That book has not been published. I decided to go for something a little more reader friendly at the beginning. That’s when the first Sixth Street Bands book, Gone for You, was written. I already had the series knocking around in my head, but I decided to take a chance on it after I wrote my first book. I was completely comfortable with the subject matter in my yet-to-be-published manuscript. But, since I don’t know any rockstars personally, Sixth Street Bands was a stretch for me. And I’m really happy with how it has come together so far.

Tell us about Gone For You.

Gone for You is the introduction to the Sixth Street Bands music scene. My idea behind the book, and the series, was to write about a whole group of bands that came from my hometown (adopted hometown)—Austin, Texas. I wanted the series to be more than the typical “Rockstar Romance.” The relationships between the bands and their members is integral to the story lines. 

Gone for You was my way of introducing the series in a very lighthearted manner. While there is conflict, it is not major. It’s a very humorous and hopefully engaging story about a rockstar falling in love. And since he’s a rockstar, there are problems inherently involved with falling in love with someone. 

Describe your Protagonists Cage and Lily in 140 characters or less.

If I were to sum up Cameron Knight in a few sentences, the first thing I’d say is that he is a surprisingly romantic guy. Surprising, because he didn’t even know he was capable of this before he met Lily. He’s a bit of a goof ball. Very alpha. And extremely charismatic. He has no problem with the ladies. Which is a problem, in and of itself. When he finally meets the one person that is immune to his charms it’s intriguing to find out how he deals with that. 

As for Lily, she is smart, artistic and very well grounded, considering her past. She is the perfect partner for Cameron. She doesn’t fall for the rockstar. She falls for the man. Not the man he is, the one she knows he can be. 

So for the 140 characters: Hot alpha rockstar meets sassy level-headed professional. Opposites attract and sparks fly.

Why should we pick up Gone For You?

Why should your readers pick Gone for You? While the book itself is a “rockstar romance,” I hope that I’ve given the readers a little something different in the story. Sure, Cameron is a rockstar. But he’s a person. He is loyal to his friends and especially to the woman he falls for. The story deals very little with his lifestyle as a star, and more with him as a person. What it’s like to find that one person that he truly connects with and how he is going to get her to take a chance on him. Because, unlike some books in the genre, Lily is not his “fan.” She knows very little about him as a musician, and that's something that Cameron has always relied on to get women in the past. Cameron quickly learns that the people that are after him because of “what” he is, care very little about “who” he is. And when it’s said and done, and the music is gone, that’s what he needs. That’s what we all need. Someone who loves us for who we are, not what we can give them. Because the only gift that you can give someone that is really worth having is free. And it’s more valuable than anything money or fame can afford. It’s love. Yeah, love is the most valuable commodity on the planet. And you can’t buy it, leverage it, or trade it. You can only give it away and hope it comes back to you. 

 You can find me at Twitter at @jaynefrostbooks, Facebook , Website

No comments