Waiting On Wednesday #39


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're excitably anticipating.

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling illustrated by Jim Kay


Prepare to be spellbound by Jim Kay’s dazzling depiction of the wizarding world and much loved characters in this full-colour illustrated hardback edition of the nation’s favourite children’s book –Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Brimming with rich detail and humour that perfectly complements J.K. Rowling’s timeless classic, Jim Kay’s glorious illustrations will captivate fans and new readers alike. 

When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he’s the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord’s curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers, which could be valuable, dangerous – or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin.


Expected Publication: October 2015 VIA Bloomsbury

Why am excited?

It's Harry Potter, illustrated. Enough said!




8 comments

  1. I cannot wait for these to be released either! My son is a toddler at the moment but by the time the majority of these are out I'll be able to read these with him! :)

    Here's my WoW: http://bmariebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! Pretty! I didn't know these were coming out. Thanks for sharing!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not know this was coming out?! So exciting!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, interesting! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I like that cover and I did not know about this edition. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I didn't know that this book was coming out illustrated. That's so awesome!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a neat idea! I think this will be a big seller. Thanks for letting me know about it. Thanks for visiting my WOW earlier as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The artwork looks great. Gotta love Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete