Waiting On Wednesday #41


Waiting On Wednesday is hosted by Breaking The Spine where we spotlight books we are highly anticipating.

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn



Blurb: ( Source )

Seventeen-year-old Mercedes Ayres has an open-door policy when it comes to her bedroom, but only if the guy fulfills a specific criteria: he has to be a virgin. Mercedes lets the boys get their awkward, fumbling first times over with, and all she asks in return is that they give their girlfriends the perfect first time- the kind Mercedes never had herself.
Keeping what goes on in her bedroom a secret has been easy- so far. Her absentee mother isn’t home nearly enough to know about Mercedes’ extracurricular activities, and her uber-religious best friend, Angela, won’t even say the word “sex” until she gets married. But Mercedes doesn’t bank on Angela’s boyfriend finding out about her services and wanting a turn- or on Zach, who likes her for who she is instead of what she can do in bed.
When Mercedes’ perfect system falls apart, she has to find a way to salvage her reputation and figure out where her heart really belongs in the process. Funny, smart, and true-to-life, FIRSTS is a one-of-a-kind young adult novel about growing up.

Expected Publication:  VIA Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, January 5, 2016

Why am excited?

I think the concept of this book is really interesting and it sounds quite unique. I am lucky to have a copy of this book for review.

What are you waiting on?

9 comments

  1. I hadn't heard of this before, but it does sound good. I hope you get to read it soon. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really interesting... Not sure if it's something I could read but I hope you enjoy it!!
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I just got this one on netgalley too. Hope we both enjoy it because that blurb makes the story seem really interesting :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look unique! I hadn't heard of it before. I'm really interested from the blurb, guess I might as well add this one to the TBR pile too *sigh*. Could somebody give me more time to read all these books? Great pick! Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is first time I'm seeing this one. It is really unique but I don't know that it is my kind of book but it doesn't seem intriguing. I hope you enjoy it!!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-im-waiting-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can see all kinds of ways this could go wrong for her...love the sound of it, though. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this before, but totally agree, definitely intrigued by the concept! I hope it's a super cute and heartfelt book! Thanks for sharing
    and stopping by Book Munchies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh great pick but I don't think it is my kind of read I don't really read a lot contemporary books I read some but not a lot sometimes there are a hit or miss kind of books for me. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete