Author Interview: Jennifer Laurens!


Hey Jennifer. Thanks for doing this inteview with me. Can you tell me a little it about your new book Overprotected out this month?
 
Overprotected is released on April 15th. It's a coming-of-age story about a girl fighting for freedom from her overprotective parents. Her obsessive father only hires men who are too old, or that he knows she despises in an effort to keep her close. When he hires her old childhood nemesis, his plan backfires.


What is a typical writing day for you?
 
After the kids ( I have 6 ) are out the door, I write from 9-5, simultaneously promoting and chatting with readers on Facebook and Twitter.


Where do you get your ideas for your books? From real life situations or just you imaganation?
 
Ideas come from a combination of reality ( my own life ) and imagination.

What sort of books do you like to read yourself?
 
Like most readers, I have moods: sometimes its about pure escapism with a light, romantic comedy. Sometimes its about admiring craft by reading something beautifully written like Notes on a Scandal or Endless Love, and sometimes its something dark and disturbing like The Monstromologist or A Lifetime Burning.
 
There are loads of great books released this year. Is there any you are particualy looking forward to?
 
I'm writing constantly. If I read, I'm very particular. Usually, the more popular a book, the less it fits into my taste.
 
Who is your favorite author of all time?
 
HARD!!! Probably Nora Roberts. ( her older titles are best )

What was your favourite book as a child?
 
Time at the Top by Edward Ormandroyd, Nancy Drew Mysteries, Jane Eyre, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, Laura Ingalls Wilder.


Finally do you have any advise for anyone that wants to get into writing?
 
Read a lot. Write a lot. Join a critique group who will be honest with you about your work.

Thanks to Jennifer for taking the time to answer my questions. Check out all Jennifer's books at the link below:

http://www.jenniferlaurens.com/

Also follow Jennifer on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/jenniferlaurens

If you want why not check out my sister's blog A little bit of Everything were she has up a review of Jennifers Laurens new book Overprotected!

http://kerry-ann-mcdade.blogspot.com/2011/03/arc-review-of-overprotected-by-jennifer.html

Megan :)

5 comments

  1. Interesting post. Not an author that I have heard about until now.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. great interview! I haven't heard of Jennifer before either, but I think I'll have to check out this book, it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Audrey and Jules I had never heard of Jennifer tell I heard about her work on another blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great interview!
    Jennifer is an awesome author and a sweet and fun person :)
    Loved Overprotected.

    ReplyDelete