Guest Post: By Devri Walls author of soon to be released Wings of Arian


Check out this awesome guest post from author Devri Walls!


Writing a book is such a piece of cake! Writing? Easy. Editing? Walk in the park. Covers? Could do them in my sleep. Tantalizing excerpts? Dont even break a sweat. Lying through my teeth? Apparently I am pretty darn good at that too. Truth is, Wings of Arian has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. I learned a lot of things the hard way. But that was then. And now.... I am almost there! Which means its almost time for YOU, to read what I have in store for you. ( You will right? Read it? I mean that is what this was all for in the first place.) Wings of Arian is a ... well. I will tell you what; since I am long winded, hence why I write novels, I place writing catchy excerpts right up there with gouging my eyes out with a spoon. Neck and neck really. We cant let this excerpt go to waste! So, without further adieu, here it is (cue dramatic music):


Kiora thought she had never heard a lie until she was sixteen. But she was wrong. Her entire existence was based on nothing but. She thought that evil did not exist. Lie. That magic was not real. Lie. And that the land of Meros was all there was. One more lie.

With Aleric telling her that evil is knocking on the door and that she is the only one who can stop them she has a choice to make. Refuse, or start the wildest most painful ride of her life.

She reluctantly dips her toe into her new existence of magic and threads, dragons and shapeshifters, and the person who wants to take control of it all: the evil Dralazar.

However, this journey was never meant to be hers alone. She will be accompanied by a Protector. To her disbelief, and utter irritation they name the hotheaded, stubborn, non -magical, (albeit gorgeous) Prince Emane. They will have to trust each other with their lives, but right now Kiora would settle for a non hostile conversation.

And now it comes down to this, If you had never heard a lie, would you know one when you heard one? Is knowing good from evil innate? Kiora finds herself having to decide who lives and who dies on those very questions.

Wings of Arian, set to be released in May of 2012, is the first in my YA fantasy trilogy. And just wait until you see the cover! Claudia at Phatpuppy Art did an amazing job and frankly, I think she really could do it in her sleep. Which is great, because I sure cant!





If it looks interesting pop on over to goodreads and stick it on your shelf. Or you could just put it there as artwork and stare at it all day. I may or may not be printing a poster size... who knows. Thanks to Megan for having me today and thanks to you guys for reading! Let me know what you think, I would love to chat with you! You can also find me on twitter under Devri Walls as well as my blog at www.writingmyfuture.com.

No comments