Review: The Things We Did For Love by Natasha Farrant

The Things We Did for LoveBook: The Things We Did For Love
Author: Natasha Farrant
Publisher: Faber & Faber
Released: March 2012
Pages: 224 pages
Obtained a copy from the library

"Resistance. Heartbreak. Betrayal" The Things We Did For Love has all this and more!

The Things We Did For Love is Natasha Farrant's first YA novel, and its a great read. I couldn't put it down, I needed to know what happened next.

The novel is set in 1944 France, in a small village in the countryside as war is raging throughout Europe. There lives Arianne and Luc who fall passionately in love. However, jealousy, greed, simply being scared of going against the emney , means heartbreak and tragedy for the young couple and the result is the devastation of a whole village.

We are told the story though the eyes of one of the characters. I though it was a totally different character that it was, so I won't tell you who but the story starts of so beautiful. Two young people falling in love during hard times. But this quickly turns to tragedy.

The author has done a great job of making us feel the characters and the places are very real. You can feel the heartache though the authors words. The book also makes you stop and think of the devastation war has on people, relationships and the effects it can even have on a small, quiet village.

Overall I loved the characters in the book and the village it was set in. The book shows you a real side of war and what it can do to a person. I can't wait for more YA books from author Natasha.

5/5 Stars

Check out my interview with Natasha Farrant!

1 comment

  1. I love a great love story. Also love the 1944 France setting. Thanks for the review! I'm putting this on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete