Interview: Erikia Kathryn, author of Audie the Angel and the Angel Army

Today we have an interview with author of Audie the Angel and the Angel Army, Erika Kathryn. Enjoy the interview and please leave a comment for the author below ;)
 
 
The Author: Erika Kathryn
 
 
I have my Bachelors of Science Degree from East Carolina University, major in Criminal Justice, minor in English. I've been dreaming of Angels for over 10 years. I actually started the story of Audie when I was still in college. I have written several other novels and many poems but none of which pull at my heartstrings the way Audie the Angel does. I just finished a girl-empowering Young Adult novel and now I'm deep into the journey of Volume 2 for Audie the Angel. It will be out no later than May 2013! 
 
  
When I'm not writing I am playing dress-up, baking cupcakes, dancing with (only in private), and reading to my beautiful Angel-Daughter, Kathryn Kay while we reside in Crete, IL.
 
 
 
Writing
 
 
I have a very fierce and rowdy imagination and when I was growing up I kept changing what I wanted to be. Every week it changed; I wanted to be a Fire-fighter, a Chef, a Teacher, a Veterinarian, etc. So my mother went out and bought me book after book on every occupation she could think of. In the end it turned out that the books themselves, not the career choices, interested me the most! I have stories that I wrote when I was a little girl and from those I think writing is just in my blood. 
 
 
 
The Book: Audie the Angel and the Angel Army.
 
 
 
Here’s a little about the book: 
 
 
Audie the Angel and the Angel Army is the first of three volumes in a Middle Grade to Young Adult fantasy adventure series that make up The Angel Archives. Audie, a seemingly typical twelve-year-old girl, is summoned from her middle school one day. She travels through a windmill farm to Heaven where she is told that she is actually an Angel and, more importantly, that she is of Phoenix descent. She is the pivotal and final member of an assembly of others her age, called The Angel Army. The army includes Luce—the dangerously handsome dark Angel predestined to fall from Heaven—and Cave—a stowaway from Earth who is crushing on her hard—as well as eight Angels with magical talents, a feisty Fairy, and a nimble gnome.
 
Audie’s ordinary life becomes drastically different as she transforms; she sprouts gold wings, receives a halo passed on from the mother she never met, and her fellow Angels teach her to use her hand-me-down Phoenix powers. However, before she even learns to fly she is told of the real reason she is needed: an evil Elder Angel has discovered a way to dominate Heaven. Haunted by dreams of her past Phoenix life, puzzled by her feelings for both the charming Luce and her human friend Cave, Audie has to conquer her newfound powers quickly because the future of Heaven rests on her gold wings. Can she fight against flying Dare Demons, the Marsh Master, the Frost Fairy, and Evil Souls to save Heaven? Can Audie change destiny and save Luce from falling to his fate? This is a wholesome—no profanity—story perfect for the whole family to enjoy. Hang onto your Halos, because this tale is filled with wild winged adventure!
 
 
 
 Also, check out the website www.audietheangel.com to know when Audie the Angel and the Aging Plague (Volume 2) hits Amazon! 
 
 
 
 
 
How does it feel to be releasing your debut novel?
 
 
 
It feels long overdue and fantastic! Now that I have it out there I want to get my other work completed and ready to be published as fast as possible. I wish I hadn’t waited this long to self-publish! 
 
  
Can you describe your protagonist Audie in less than 140 characters?
 
 
 
Audie is sweet-natured with a splash of sassiness in her and I just loved having her progress from the teacher’s pet at her middle school to the end where she was standing up to Metatron and Samuel so fiercely. She is beautiful and inspiring and definitely worthy of being Cave’s major crush! 
    
If you could encourage anyone to pick up Audie the Angel and the Angel Army what would you say?
 
 
 
It is truly a wholesome book that kids and their parents will have fun reading! My hope is that it will evoke a wide range of emotions in the reader; there are parts that will make you laugh, parts that may make you sad, and parts that should make your heart race! Although it has Angels in it there is no mention at all about Religion and absolutely zero curse words. Being a mother I can tell you that nowadays the YA books are filled with adult content, so I think that’s what sets this series apart from others. 
 
 
Bookie Questions:
 
 
 
Favourite genre and why?
 
 
 
Definitely Young Adult! It is the most fun to write because there really aren’t limitations and I can let my imagination run wild! 
 
 
Favourite YA author and why?
 
 
 
There are several and the list is growing, but I think my favourite will always be J.K. Rowling. She is truly an icon and just simply an amazing human being. She recently lost her billionaire status after giving millions to charities. She is such a great role model and she truly paved the way for writers of my generation. 
 
  
Debut author/ upcoming author we should check out
 
 
 
Erika Kathryn because after Audie the Angel I have other fun work that I will be getting published! Keep your good eye on my website www.audietheangel.com to find out updates! 
 
 
     
Favourite 2012 read and why?
 
 
 
Fifty Shades of Grey. I refuse to read any criticism about E.L. James. She obviously captivated half of the planet so she’s doing something very right! 
 
  

A book series you love and why?
 
 
Harry Potter because it was beyond ingenious and I love the twists and turns and intricate storyline. It’s like a work of art. Personally, it was an inspiration for me to pick up a book again and renew my love of reading. 
 
 
 
 
 
Stalk the author:
 
 

1 comment

  1. Megan, thank you so much for having me here! You were so great to work with and you have such a great site!

    ReplyDelete