Review: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella


Book: Finding Audrey
 Author: Sophie Kinsella
Pages: 286
Published: June 2015
Brought Paperback
Rating: ✪✪✪✪ 

Blurb VIA Goodreads:

An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.


Review

I picked this book up on a whim. I had heard great things about it last year as it was one of Zoe Sugg AKA Zoella's book club books. And I have to say it lives up to the hype. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and sped read it.

Now I am not very good at summing what books are about so am just going to say read the blurb then read my thoughts below.

Postives

* I really loved Audrey as a character, she's fourteen years old but I feel that she reads older at times.

*Sophie Kinsellas writing was fantastic it's my first book by her and it won't be my last. Sophie wrote the book like Audrey was telling you her story and you where watching from above everything unfold.

*Audery's cast of family was fantastic, the family felt so authentic and real. Audrey's mum may seem slightly of her rocker but reading the book as a whole it made sense. It's the only way she can get a little bit of control over everything happening in her life. And as an adult I got this.

* I think Audery's mental health story was told in a great way and I can see Sophie did her research. 

Negatives (kinda)

* A few things I was a bit meh on, the romance. I get a few things that happened, just felt a bit like, really but overall I did get the romance in the end, I needed to remember the characters are young after all.

*Another thing was how Audrey developed her mental health issues weren't explained fully, there where hints and I totally got what happened without it being told. But I can understand people having a problem with not having it outright told.

Overall I really enjoyed
Finding Audrey, it was fast paced, with great writing, a character I really adored and connected with and a important story told in the right way. Fans of Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall and Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon would enjoy Finding Audrey.

Have you read Finding Audrey?



4 comments

  1. Great honest review Megan! I have heard a lot of mixed things about this one so I think that is why I haven't picked it up yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you would enjoy it. I was put if by negative reviews I heard but decided to try it and am glad I did. Let me know if you get to it :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book. But I 100% agree about the things you were meh about. I thought the romance was unnec. They could've been friends. But I loved Audrey's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree!! I really enjoyed it but the romance wasn't unnecessary but I do get it cause of the age of them. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete