July 2018 Wrap Up & August Priority Reads


This month has been a great month bookish wise. I started back to blogging regularly, have been posting daily on Instagram and read some great books. Here is the month at a quick glance:

Books Read



Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone #2) by Jill Shalvis- Adult Contemporary Romance - Released June 2018- Received ebook for review- Rating: 3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this book in the series. It wasn't as good as the first book and the novella but still enjoyable mine the less.

Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers #1) by Lili St Germain- Dark Adult Romance - Released 2014- Read Ebook- Rating: 3.25 Stars

Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers #2) by Lili St James- Dark Adult Romance -Released 2014-Read Ebook- Rating - 3 Stars

The Gypsy Brothers series is a set of novellas following the same story. I did enjoy the first two books but it's very dark and am not sure in all honesty what my feelings are on it. 

Verto Veneri (The Unforgettable Series #1) by Autumn Archer- Adult Contemporary Romance - Released June 2018- Received e arc from publisher for review- Rating- 3.5 Stars

This is another novella, the first in a series. I did enjoy it and am looking forward to the next book in the series as it left on a  cliff hanger.

Royal 's (Royal's #1) by Rachel Hawkins- YA Contemporary Romance - Released May 2018-Read brought physical copy- Rating - 4.25 Stars

I really enjoyed Royal 's it was such a fun, funny book with a serious side thrown in. It is up there with one of my favourites of the year. I look forward to the next book in the series next year.


Saving The Princess by Helena Newbury- Adult Romance Suspense -  Released Jan 2018- Read Ebook- Rating: 4 Stars


I really enjoyed this book it was fast paced, had a swoon worthy romance and was just like watching a movie. Note: For some reason my book was called Royal Guard however it is Saving The Princess am not 100 per cent sure if there's been a name change.


Blog Wrap Up




Here is all the posts that have been posted on my blog this month:


*MID YEAR FREAK OUT BOOK TAG

*JULY RELEASES I AM EXCITED FOR
*SUNDAY POST #49 - I'M BACK
*ADDED TO GOODREADS RECENTLY (JULY EDITION 2018)
*WHAT I HAVE READ SO FAR IN 2018!
*BLOG POSTS & BOOK HAUL
*20 QUESTIONS BOOK TAG PART ONE
*BEAUTIFUL LIBRARIES I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT (INSPIRED BY THE LIBRARY OF TRINITY COLLEGE DUBLIN, POCKET PHOTO BOOK)
*SUNDAY POST #51 - THE MOST EXCITING BOOK NEWS
*CAN'T WAIT WEDNESDAY #1- RICHER THAN SIN BY MEGHAN MARCH


I got the most awesome book mail in July that being a copy of Times Convert (All Souls Universe #1) by Deborah Harkness. I can't wait to dive into it in August as well as: 


Finally if you aren't already check out my Instagram, it's megan_readingawaythedays


How has your month been? What books are you looking forward to in August?

2 comments

  1. I had a really good reading month in July, although some books were more disappointing than others but I read a lot. I'm going to read some library books and continue with physical books that I own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royals was a fave of mine. I thought it was so much fun, and it was great to have a new Hawkins book, as I always enjoy her humor.

    ReplyDelete