In My Mailbox ( #2)

In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren were everyone puts up the books they have bought, received or got from the library!



Received in the mail:

This week I resisted the urge to buy any books, even though there is a few I want to buy, as I have so many to read still and to be honest am running out of room to store them he he. I also didn't see any I fancied in the library, so all in all this week I just got what I received in the mail and it was quite a few goodies I received:

* RedHeart by Jackie Gamber: I received Redheart via Seventh Star Press for review plus they also sent me a few Redheart bookmarks and some collectible cards with drawings by Matthew Perry, relating to the books. You can check out an interview I had with Jackie Gamber, the author of Redheart here: Interview with Jackie Gamber Look out for a review of Redheart later in the month.

*Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) by Rachel Hawkins: I won this book a few weeks ago and just received it in the mail this week. I got to pick my choice of book and this is what I choose. I have been wanting to read this book for a while.

*Slowburn by Ednah Walters: I won this over on Ednah's facebook fanpage, during the launch party of Slowburn. I really am excited to read this book. I have read Awakened by Ednah and loved it and I think am going to like Slowburn. P.S. Slowburn is an adult book whereas Awakened is a YA book. I also received a signed Slowburn bookmark and a signed Betrayed bookmark, the next book in her YA trilogy.

*The Liberation of Alice Love by Abby McDonald , Holly's inbox Scandal in the city & A crowded marriage a novel by Catherine Alliot : I won all three of these books during the British Babes royal wedding celebrations on facebook. I was able to choose three books out of the British Babe list of authors and I got a bit of Kate & William memorabilia as well. I choose the above book's as I thought they sounded interesting. They are Adult books and am really excited to read Holly's inbox Scandal in the city as I read the first one a few years back and loved it.

What did you get in your mailbox?

Megan :)








11 comments

  1. Good luck on the buying holt - everytime I say that I see loads book cheap or just ones I really want! :-)

    I've been trying to decide if I should pick up Hex Hall or not - think I'll wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mailbox this week. Hex Hall was good but it didn't blow me away. Plus Demonglass ends on a huge cliffhanger so now I'm stuck waiting around for another year for book three. I hope you enjoy all of your books and thanks for stopping by Pages of Forbidden Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only book I recognized was Hex Hall so I hope you especially enjoy that one! I haven't read it for awhile but maybe I should re-read it considering I have the second book on my shelf to read still... lol. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hex Hall! I have that waiting to be read on my shelf! I can't wait to start it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like ednAh Walters. I have to write up my review for her book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on resisting buying books - wish I had your will power although I have cut down quite a bit these past few weeks. Love Hex Hall.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed that you resisted the urge to buy books. I never can! I really enjoyed Hex Hall, and congrats on the contest win! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got four awesome novels this week! I haven't read Hex Hall but so many people love it. Hopefully you do too!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for Hex Hall, I loved it :) Demonglass was even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hex Hall is fantabulous! After you read it, I'm sure you'll rush out to get Demonglass. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read Hex Hall very badly! :-)

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete