Movie Review: Annie

In 2015 I intend to see a lot more movies and therefore will be having movie reviews on the blog, starting with this review of Annie (It's a hard knock life) 2014!



Movie: Annie
Released: December 2014 (UK/USA)
Starring: Quvenzhane Wallis/ Cameron Diaz/ Jamie Foxx/ Rose Byrne
Rating: PG (Parents Guidance)

Review

My sister loves the original 1982 version of Annie, it was one of her favourite childhood movies so we both went along to see this new version. 

Annie was a fun, feel good movie that all the family can see. The homage to the original 1982 version of Annie was great in the little details. The music was great , using a mix of the old songs and new songs. You could tell Sia, who wrote a lot of the music, had a big influence on the sound.

Technology played a big role in the film and it was crazy to see on the big screen the influence technology has on every day life. (Like we already didn't know, but it was crazy to see)

The actress, Quvenzhane Wallis, was great as Annie. She has a great voice, was funny and her interaction with Jamie Fox and Cameron Diaz was really good! It was strange seeing Quvenzhane as Annie because I still think of Annie as this curly red headed girl!

Overall Annie was a great movie for all the family and a great movie to see in the new year!

Have you seen Annie? Do you want to see the movie? Leave me your thoughts below!





2 comments

  1. I've been looking forward to this movie for months and was sad to hear the lackluster reviews of it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I suspect we will too. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the original Annie movie, and was surprised when I heard a new one was coming out. I think the old one will always be my favourite but I am looking forward to trying this one out sometime as well.

    ReplyDelete