Discussion: Books that have been calling to me lately


Lately as I have been coming out of my reading slump I have had certain books "call out to me" What I mean by this is I keep seeing certain books around and there making me want to buy them and read them. Some are older books and some are new releases. 

There is currently five books calling to me. And also a 're read that I has been calling to me. Let's go! All books linked to Goodreads!

1) Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

I have been seeing this book everywhere it's a 2015 book and I feel everyone has read it apart from me. It's a YA GLBT Romance which is supposed to be adorable. It's being made into a movie I need to pick it up!

2) Geekerella by Ashley Poston

This is one that has also been everywhere lately as it's a new release. I have heard nothing but great things about it. Its a Cinderella retelling and even though I don't usually like 're telling's this sounds so good. It has a ton of geek-ness and its set in a con. I need it! 

3) A Court Of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Mass

I know, I really know why haven't I read this. I don't really have an excuse I own it in ebook format and I have a signed copy of ACOMAF so I need to get on that. But I do want to buy a paperback of ACOTAR first.

4) The lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

This has been calling to me for a few years but particularly the last year. I know loads of people love it and I think I will as well. I need to buy a copy ASAP.

5) Royce Rolls by Margaret Stohl

This is another newer release. It's been on every social media platform I have seen and I wanna read it. It's supposed to be like a reality TV show like the Kardashians and it's a tongue in cheek look at Hollywood. Am down for that.

Finally the 're read that has been calling to me is Harry Potter. I haven't read it in a few years but with the house cover editions of The Philosopher's Stone releasing next month I want to give it a 're read. 

Is there any books that have been calling to you lately. Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments

  1. You should definitely pick up Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. It's one of the not-so-many YA contemporary books that I actually loved. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read it. It is going to be one of my next buys :)

      Delete