Top 6 books of 2017 so far


We are nearly hitting June which means we are six months into the year already and I think its flying in. So far this year my reading has been slow due to the major slump of March and April that must not be mentioned. My aim this year was 100 books and at the time of this post am only in the mid twenties, I need to speed read if am going to gain any traction on my goal. 

So without further ado here is my top 6 books of 2017 I have read so far
 (Note not all the books are not new releases) 

Note: I had this post all prepped to go early May as I scheduled so many posts then however I read my first 5 star book in seven months a few days before publishing this post so I had to re do this post just before I published it to add the book to the list. So now its my top 6 inside of 5!


In at number six is The Iron King by Julie Kawaga (linked to my review) YA

This is a series I have had on my TBR for so long. After reading so many new adult/adult romances at the start of the year I wanted a bit of fantasy in my life. And The Iron King stuck out. I was really surprised that I enjoyed it. Its an YA urban fantasy but more toward the fantasy genre and me and fantasy don't gel and especially when the creatures are Fey but I really did have fun reading this and I also picked up the second book The Iron Daughter as well. The Iron King got 3 stars.

In at number 5 is The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas (Adult)


Last year I read Jodi's This Man and All Night Trilogy's and adored them. Jodi fast became an auto buy author and last year released The Protector. However at the time I tried to read it but for some reason didn't finish it. However as I was coming out of my book slump I decided to pick it up again and I ended up finishing it and loving it. I really don't know why I didn't finish it before but am so glad I have now. Jodi's books are always guaranteed to have twists and turns and this book certainly didn't let me down. Check out my review above for more thoughts. The Protector got 4 stars.

In at 4 is Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella (Linked to my review) (YA)

This was the second book I picked up this year and I really enjoyed it. Finding Audrey got 4-4.5 stars. Here's a quote from my review:

"Overall I really enjoyed Finding Audrey, it was fast paced, with great writing, a character I really adored and connected with and a important story told in the right way. Fans of Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall and Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon would enjoy Finding Audrey."


In at number three is The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood (Link to my review) (Adult) 2017 release

I loved this book so so much. It had a great romance, a good storyline and it make me LOL so much. It was the perfect rom com to cosy up and read during winter. I highly recommend you check this book and check out my review for more of my thoughts. The Rule Maker got 4.5 stars.


In at number two is Royal Affair (Books 1) by Parker Swift (Link to my review) (Adult) 2017 release

I loved, loved this book so much!!! It contributed to my book slump because I needed the next book straight away. As soon as I finished the book I had to email the publicist and say how much I loved this book. If my face was an emoji it would have been heart eyes. You need to check out my review for more of my thoughts its a least a little more coherent. Royal Affair got 4.5 stars.


This book just crept into my reading life and I don't know how it happened. I read the first book, Vendetta, a few years back and loved it and decided to finish up the trilogy and boy am I glad I did. I loved Inferno so much. Its romeo and Juliet meets the sopranos and I highly recommended you check it out. I gave Inferno 5 stars and its my first 5 star rating in seven months.

What has been some of your fave reads so far this year? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. 

No comments